Top 11 Best Bike Saddle Bags in India for Long Trips
Are you planning for a Ladakh trip on your bike with your gang of riders? You must have one bike saddle bag for carrying your luggage on-the-go.
Bikers use saddle bag on either side of the rear wheel just behind the bike seat. The ease of mounting, along with huge volume make saddle bags a must have item for long motorcycle road trips. Saddle bag hangs low and don’t change the center of gravity of your bike. Also they create no obstacle to rider in any manner.
The hard shell cases are termed as motorcycle panniers or saddle box.
We have reviewed semi rigid saddle bags only in this article, not panniers.
The pillion passenger sometime don’t feel comfortable if proper bag is not selected (Use one slanting cut saddle bag if you wish to ride with a pillion rider). Also these bags are not fully waterproof. Hence most of them come with rain cover. Make sure of that before you make an order.
If you can’t accommodate all your luggage in high volume saddle bag, you can use tail bag for bike to carry extra load of luggage.
What to Look for While Buying a Saddle Bag Online?
- Compatibility: Not all saddle bags will be compatible with your bike. So make sure that your selected saddle bag will fit properly on your motorcycle.
- Bag size, volume and shape: There are 5L bags as well as 60L volume carriers available as per the customer needs. So,find the right size that doesn’t deter your riding experience. Modern saddle bags are sleek and stylish, just the way you would love.
- Bag material: There is leather, nylon, plastic, synthetic leather and all different kinds of bag materials used. Where leather offers supreme style, nylon bag brings longevity and performance. So, what fits best to your requirement choose accordingly.
- Mounting options: There are two mounting options for saddle bags. These are strap-on and bolting (for panniers). Each has their own scalability as per your stuff carrying needs. Choosing the right one will prove critical in future.
- Waterproof (Rain Cover): It is a no-brainer that a bike side bag should always be able to save your luggage from small rain. If it isn’t, then your stuff will never stay protected from water splashes or drizzle. So, keep this check as well.
- Saddlebag support brackets/guards: Saddle bag keeps it’s shape when new, but eventually weakens and start to sag. Support brackets or guards stops saddle bag to keep away from motorcycle rear wheels. So a compatible bracket with your chosen saddle bag will be good idea to buy.
Now Look at the 11 Best Saddle Bags for Motorcycle Trips:
1.Rynox Nomad v2.1 Saddle Bag with Rain Covers:
It is a reliable product for carrying your essentials along. The bike side bag weighs about 2.9 Kg and comes with quality rain covers. This makes them a waterproof carrier to protect your belongings inside.Bag dimension is 47 x 36 x 32 cm. The bag has 2 main compartments each having capacity of 32 liters making total capacity 64 liters.
- The nomad side bag is made of top grade EVA laminated industrial polyester plus PU coating
- Extremely spacious with a wide top opening to fit specific full-face helmets with ease
- Has outer pockets, quick release buckles and wide Velcro straps for mounting
- Rynox nomad comes with a D-ring mounting mechanism.
- Have 2 padded shoulder straps.
- Belts for tripods, tents and sleeping bags.
- Comes with heavy duty YKK zippers.
2. GODS Triton X2 Nylon Saddle Bag for Bike:
A 50-liter saddlebag by GODS is a great fit for even the best of motorcycles. It is a perfect saddle bag for Royal Enfield bikes. The Triton X2 works as a 3-in-1 carrier as it can be used as a bike saddle bag, unified backpack and even as twin sling packs.
Dimensions of the product is 43 x 20 x 31 cm and it weighs 2 kg. Capacity of the bag is 50 liters (2 x 25 liters).
The Triton X2 also comes with straps on top for the attachment of tripods, sleeping bags and more. It is a perfect carrier for Bajaj Avenger, Harley Davidson Street and other cruiser bikes.
- Made up of 1000D water repellent, water-resistant nylon material.
- Supports an unbreakable fibre sheet, rubber sheet and foam padding for extra resistance and protection.
- Compartment space for storing laptops & tablets inside the bag.
- Has nylon straps and buckles to provide easy attachment to the bike.
- Comes with 1 year warranty for manufacturing defects.
We also like Triton X saddle bag which shares the same features. Only difference is in volumes. This bigger saddle bag for motorcycle has capacity of 75 liters with dimensions 47 x 23 x 35 cm. It weighs 3 kg.
3. Rynox Drystack Waterproof Saddle Bag:
The Rynox saddle bag is one of the best product that we have in India. It is little heavy bag, weighs 3.5 kg. Each main compartments have capacity of around 30 liters and have dimension of 34 x 25 x 40 cm.
Build material quality is superb, exterior shell is made of heavy duty industrial polyester and coated with PU. Inbuilt waterproof inner drybag makes it 100% waterproof. Though you will get one set of dirt/muck covers to use. When used, it will save the goods within from rain, dust or any outside muck. The Rynox bike saddle bag comes only in black color. The zipper quality is awesome and is of heavy duty YKK zippers. The Double-D locking system with seat and foot pegs straps makes mounting very easy.
Good news is, this bag is compatible with most bikes that we have in India like- KTM Duke 390, Royal Enfield Thunderbird 350, Bajaj NS 200,Harley Street 750,Suzuki Gixxer SF,Yamaha FZ 25,Royal Enfield Himalayan(with saddle stay) e.t.c. This bag is not suitable for Bajaj Dominar 400. You can carry both main side bags with your hand using carry handle before mounting them on bike. Bikers will also get dedicated pockets for water bottle of 1 liter in each compartments.
- Completely waterproof and comes with set of muck cover.
- Capacity of ~60 Liters, Weighs 3.5 Kg and dimensions are 34 x 25 x 40 cm.
- Made of industrial polyester and equipped with YKK zippers.
- 3M reflective on both side for greater visibility.
More: Need even more space while touring? Get biker leg bag to keep small items for easy access.
4. Golden Riders Black Saddlebags Mini48 Double-Side Motorbike Saddlebag:
The double-side motorbike saddlebag by Golden Riders has a laptop pocket on the inside with 2 bottle pockets, backside straps and shocker safety pads. The waterproof side bag offers advanced durability and is extremely lightweight. Dimensions of the product is 40.6 x 20.3 x 25.4 cm and it weighs 1.5 kg. Capacity of the bag is 48 liters (2 x 24 liters). The carrier by Golden Riders is equally compatible with most cruisers and sports bikes.
- It comes with a rainproof covering and 3M-reflective tape for poor visibility conditions
- Outer material is made of Heavy duty Ballistic nylon with polyester fabric
- Has compact shape, dimensions and is specially coated to enhance durability
- Back fabric is abrasion resistant to protect against wear & tear
- Comes with 1 year warranty for manufacturing defects.
5.Trek ‘N’ Ride 201726 Polyester Saddle Bag:
The next in our list of best saddle bags comes from famous “Trek N Ride” company. You will have 2 main compartments along with 4 additional external pouches. Each main bags have capacity of 22 liters making capacity of whole saddle bag as 44 liters. In each side 6-7 kg of weight can be mounted easily. Bikers can use the additional pouches for keeping water bottles, tools or spares.
Made with 1000D polyester which ensures the compact design and make it water resistant (It is not a waterproof bag). Additional rain cover is there for making it 100% waterproof. You have very little choice in colors, can get the bag only in black color. If you ride the bike at night, the 4 reflective strips of the bag make you visible, making your ride more safe by decreasing probability of an accident.
The dimensions of each main bags are – Length 38 cm, Height 25 cm, width: 20 cm and it weighs 1.6 Kg. During packing, load both side evenly and two straps of the bag with the foot pegs. If needed, use bungee cords to keep it away from any moving parts of your bike.
You can get another similar product from “Trek N Ride” with capacity 50 liters with similar features. The product version is 201721 instead of 201726 and is little costly than this one. The Trek ‘N’ Ride saddle bag fits universally.
- Universally fit saddle bag comes with rain cover making it waterproof.
- Capacity is 44 liters and dimensions are 38(H) cm x 20(W) cm x 25(H) cm. Weighs 1.6 Kg.
- Comes with 4 additional pouches and have 4 reflective stripes.
- Made with 1000D polyester and carry 6-7 Kg each side.
6. DIRTSACK Frogman Saddle Bag for Motorcycle:
Next up is the ultra-superior and the best-in-range waterproof saddlebag by DIRTSACK. It is 100% waterproof, extremely stylish and has an attractive pricing as well. Further, it offers a great luggage space and reliable performance without any concerns. Dimensions of the product is 32 x 40 x 20 cm. Capacity of the bag is 56 liters as per manufacturer (2 x 28 liters). An amazing product that is fully compatible with all motorbikes. Get it from the online stores at a maximum discount.
- Outer material is made of 900 denier polyester material with exterior harness
- Is reinforced with industrial Velcro and has secure webbing
- Instant fit buckles make it easy to mount and dismount restraint straps
- The dry bags are of 40 cm wide x 20 cm deep x 32 cm tall when packed fully.
- Zippered exterior pockets that are waterproof and slide with ease.
7. Golden Riders Saddlebags Mini-Basic Double-Side Motorbike Saddlebag:
Another saddlebag by Golden Riders to hold onto your everyday essentials. The mini-basic double-side motorcycle side bag in India is a reliable carrier with firm gripping. It has 2 inner-side pockets, 2 outer bottle pockets and two outer accessory pockets as well. Dimensions of the product is 44 x 10 x 33 cm and it weighs 1.26 kg. Capacity of the bag is 48 liters (2 x 24 liters). It also has rainstorm covers and is universally compatible with bikes such as Honda Hornet 160R, Royal Enfield Thunderbird 350 and more.
- The outer material is made up of heavy duty Uly-coated polyester fabric material
- The bag provides firm gripping thanks to the multi-straps on both sides
- The carrier comes with a durable rubber pad on the back for shock protection.
- Comes with 6 months warranty for manufacturing flaw.
Pro Tips: To speak among each other while riding in a group, have one helmet bluetooth headset with intercom facility.
8. Dirtsack Longranger Neo Men’s ballistic Fabrics Saddlebag:
Extremely soft interior linings, ballistic fabrics and trust of the DIRTSACK brand. The Longranger Saddlebag is a handy equipment carrier for all your road campaigns and trips. For proper attachment only straps needed to be hooked on. Dimensions of the product is 35 x 30 x 20 cm. Capacity of the bag is 44 liters (2 x 22 liters). The carrier is compatible with Harley Davidson, Royal Enfield and all other cruiser bikes. A trusted saddlebag option for everyone.
- Comes with heavy duty YKK zippers & slides.
- The main compartment comes with secure hoods for easy packaging and access to your contents
- Automotive grade seatbelt with 100% nylon webbings.
- Six exterior zippered pockets of which 2 are designed to hold 1.5 liter water bottles.
- 3M high visibility reflective tapes on 3 sides for safe low-light/night riding.
- Comes with rain cover.
9. Royal Erado RGSB-37 Two Wheeler Hanging Saddlebag For Bikes:
The sturdy carrier by Royal is a superior accessory that is fully compatible for all bikes. Erado RGSB-37 is a stylish two-wheeler saddlebag that is easy to install & mount. It is a good enough side bag to carry all your essentials even on the road trip. It is approx 31 cm height and 24 cm wide, 42 cm length and it weighs 499 gm. Capacity of the bag is approximately 40 liters (2 x 20). Let’s you keep everything you need and handles the extreme weather condition really well. It is certainly a reliable option for all.
- The product is made up of high-quality leatherette material
- It is extremely lightweight and universally used bag
- Supports up to 20 liters capacity which is ideal for carrying the essentials
- Water and dust resistant (not waterproof) which keeps your stuff protected
10. ViaTerra Wolf Saddlebags for Bajaj Pulsars:
Our next pick is the wolf saddlebag by ViaTerra. This is an extremely valuable product and a great value buy. It is considered to be the perfect choice for Bajaj Pulsar NS, country’s premier sports bike. The motorbike side bag is superb, stylish and made to last. It is a pulsar NS 200 series exclusive saddlebag designed and tested for the same. A highly recommended gear by the team.
- It has outside zippered pockets, outside flap pockets with buckles and inside zippered pockets.
- A carry handle and triple stitches on every stress point for added reinforcement
- Easy to mount and dismount on your bike
- Aesthetic designs with a 38 liters volume capacity
11. Genxtra Saddle Bag:
If you are searching for low cost saddle bag with huge capacity, get Genxtra Saddle Bag. Total capacity is of ~90 Liters (2 X 45 liters). Made of 900D polyester, this motorcycle saddle bag provide little water protection. User can take full advantage of file, pen and bottle pockets that is present at outside of the bag. Bikers can put their laptops in the laptop pocket inside. The backside straps helps while mounting and top side handle helps bikers to carry it by hand. Also, you will get reflective straps for increasing visibility. The dimensions of the bag are 45.6 x 31.5 x 5.3 cm , weighs around 1.7 Kg and available in black color.
- Low cost saddle bag.
- Capacity of around 90 Liters, Weighs around 1.7 kg, Dimension of 45.6 x 31.5 x 5.3 cm.
- Made of 900D polyester.
- Not waterproof and rain cover is not included.
Why do bikers need saddle bag?
Bikers need lots of goods during their touring venture. They need to carry basic tools, camping tents, tripods, flash light, laptops to name a few. For long road trips, you should have lots of jeans and clothes. Saddle bags or panniers are the only place where you can put such heavy loads without creating any problem.
Pro Tips: Tank bags are very handy to keep things which bikers need frequently. Like GPS tracker, mobile handset e.t.c.
Tips on Bike Side Bag Mounting:
After stuffing luggage within saddle bag, it naturally becomes very heavy. It starts to move towards the rear wheel and sag towards the exhaust pipe. Both are dangerous. In first case, accident may occur. In second scenario, saddle bag will get a whole due to burn.
Bikers should make sure that bike side bag does not touch wheel or exhaust pipe in any scenario. For that use saddle bag guard according to your model of motorcycle. Here is one saddle bracket from Trek N Ride –
Use bungee rope to mount it tight and within range.
More: For daily use, someone can use bike luggage box instead. Those dikki’s are permanently mounted with clamps and very suitable for day to day use.