Best RC Toys for Kids to Buy in 2019 (India)
Are you a remote-control enthusiast and want to pass off your RC love to your children? Looking for the best remote-control toy cars, bikes, and trucks before they take on the bigger wheels? Helping you out is the purpose of this article. We have got fast-paced remote-control monster trucks, mighty excavators, and even a remote-control car that transforms from a car to a transformer.
Besides being the reliable source of enjoyment, remote-control toys help kids in many ways: socialize with others, encourage imaginative play, develop hand-eye coordination and increase spatial awareness.
Read More: 3 to 5 years old kids also loves to ride scooty which makes them physically fit.
Our Picks of the Best Kids’ RC Toys:
1.Higadget Dirt Drift Waterproof Remote Controlled Rock Crawler RC Monster Truck:
With this remote-control monster truck, your son can rip through the backyard like it’s nobody’s business. Equipped with 2.4GHZ radio technology it is made to last longer. With 4-point suspension at the front and the back, it has the ability to flex and power over any obstacle in its path.
Designed for kids age 3 and above, it is lightweight (1.2 Kg) and measures 27 x 16 x 13 cm. Don’t let the size of this RC truck for kids fool you – it can handle all terrains. The toy truck is equipped with 3 rechargeable batteries for the car and 3 AAA batteries for the radio transmitter. The only downside is its low run time (up to 30 mins) between charges.
- Sturdy, grooved PVC tires that give superb traction and anti-skid benefits
- Waterproof, sturdy composite plastic frame
- Dual motor and low gearing for excellent off-road fun
2.Adonai Remote Controlled One Button Car to Transformer:
Recommended for car and Optimus prime fans who are 3 and up, this is another RC toy you can’t go wrong with. It comes packed with many cool features including blinking lights, speech, and exciting sound effects. Another interesting feature is the one-button press to transform Lamborghini toy car into a transformer and back to car.
Talking about the measurements, it weighs only 1.1 kg and measures 11 x 30 x 6 cm. It runs on 3.7 V, 350 mAh Lithium-polymer batteries. It is also easy to maneuver and moves in all directions- left, right, forward, and reverse. This kids RC car drives quite fast and makes a perfect gift for your budding star.
- Made of non-toxic, eco-friendly ABS plastic.
- Durable, non-slippery design with no sharp edges
3.The Flyers Bay 1:20 Bay Big and Mean Rock Crawling Scale Modified Hummer:
Your child can drive this 1:20 RC Hummer toy car on grass, dirt roads, gravel or rocks. Featuring a full function transmitter, huge front and rear bumpers, and a sturdy frame, it is made to delight kids age 4 years and up. Flexible rubber tires and great shock suspension system make it a safe toy. The dimensions are 30 x 16 x 15 cm and weight is 762 g. Further, this remote-control toy car comes with a rechargeable battery and a charger. Upon full charge, the battery can last up to 45 minutes. The maximum speed of this kids RC car is 7-10 Km/Hr.
Onto the downside: To recharge the batteries, you must remove the battery from the car and plug into the charger. Lack of sound and light functions make it a less appealing choice for fun-loving kids.
- Electric powered full function transmitter
- Telescoping Antenna and full function steering
- Develops motor skills and eye-hand coordination
4.Play Design JCP Excavator & Bulldozer Construction Vehicle Toy:
If you’re after a little extravagant RC excavator, here is a model that ticks all the construction vehicle toy boxes. This educational toy is made with 100% safe, non-toxic material. Upon charging for an hour, your child can use it for 2-3 hours for unloading and excavating. Facilitated by four powerful motors, it can swivel 360-degrees like a real excavator. Other cash-worthy factors are 2.4GHZ wireless technology, interference-free 80-feet range and all-terrain compatibility. It moves in all directions and picks small objects with its lifting arm. It even produces staring and trumpet sounds.
Designed for ages 3 and above, it has a scale of 1:20. Battery configurations: truck battery (4.8V 500mAh NI-MH); remote control battery (2 x 1.5V AA). Besides the high price tag there is another downside to it – each time you need to remove the battery for recharging.
- Fully licensed educational RC toy
- Ready-to-run: no assembly requirement after putting battery
- Four motors for independent control
5.Kiditos Kids Syma X21 Mini Pocket Drone:
Here is another splurge-worthy remote-control toy. Weighing just 99.8 g this mini pocket drone is packed with technology. Kiditos Kids Syma X21 features headless mode to control the directions, 2.4GHz technology for anti-interference and 6-axis gyro stabilizer for accurate positioning. To give ultimate flying experience, it has barometer set height function, two-speed modes – H/l, 3-D flips and one-key taking off or landing. It can do 360° flips in all directions (left, right, up, down, forward, backward) at the press of a button.
Made of ABS plastic & electronic components, this stable remote-control drone is suitable for kids age 8 and above. The maximum flying height is 40 m. One-hour charging (3.7v 380 mAh Li-po battery) gives only 5-7 minutes flying time. With this, you won’t get a premium feature like HD camera, but this is still an excellent kid’s remote-control drone.
- Auto takeoff and landing function
- 2.4GHz technology for interference-free flying
- Headless mode to rule out orientation loss problems
- LEDs for night fly
6.Webby Robot IR Radio Control RC Racing Car Kids Toy Gift with Remote:
If your 5 old boy has a penchant for everything ‘techy’, he is bound to love this RC interactive robot. Featuring flashing light display, movable legs and arms, this robo guy can produce different sound effects to entertain kids. You need a battery powered remote control to make him move around. Or you may use the buttons on its body to navigate. Although intended for children of age 5 and above, we can’t see a single reason ‘older’ child wouldn’t love it. To operate the robot and remote control you need 3 AA batteries. The batteries aren’t included in the shipment.
Made of high-quality plastic it weighs 1.23 Kg and measures 11.5 x 29.5 x 19 cm.
- Rechargeable Interactive robot
- Usage doesn’t demand adult supervision
- Great for developing social skills
7.Toyshine Big Size T.Rex Action Dinosaur with Walking Function:
This terrific prehistoric Tyrannosaurus Rex is another way to gift endless fun to your kids age 3 and above. Kids will love it more when the dino walks forward and roar. This ASTM-certified T. Rex spins left and right, too. It lights up eyes and mouth to give a realistic vibe. Kids can easily control it with the infrared controller that has two buttons for head and leg motions.
The RC dinosaur has an overall dimension of 51 x 37 x 12.2 cm and weight about 1.13 Kg. For those not on a budget, this is a great toy to buy. The only bad thing that we can say about is that it doesn’t come with 3AA batteries required for the controller.
- ASTM (American Society for Testing and Materials) certification
- Infra-red controller for realistic head and leg motion
8.KIDSZONE Original Bugatti Style Remote Control Rechargeable Car:
This is a painted 1:14 scale toy version of the real Bugatti. What is a Bugatti without automatic door and trunk open function? This rechargeable car doesn’t disappoint in that section either. With a push of a button, it opens and closes the trunk and doors. Other features of this kids RC car are the incredibly stylish outlook, fantastic graphics, flashing lights and sounds.
This remote-control car for kids comes with powerful motors which give top speeds of up to 8-10km/hr! It is suitable for all terrains. The rubber tires of this 4-wheel remote-control toy car are designed with strong grip and a lot of treadsIt moves in all directions – left, right, forward and backward. It takes about 30 minutes to charge and playtime is around 15-20 minutes.
2 AA batteries for the controller unit and 4 AA batteries for the car are required, but not included. The package dimensions: 27 x 13 x 7 cm. Weight: 481g. Minimum suggested age: 3Years.
- Ready to run RC toy car
- Powerful motors for all-terrain drive
- Great for developing spatial awareness
9.Toykart Remote Control War Tank:
While talking about rugged and unique RC toys for kids it will be a folly to leave this RC tank out of the list. Toykart has done a great job in scaling down the original look and functionalities of a war tank. It comes with a fully functional remote control that allows for left-right and forward-backward movement. The remote-control tank also makes shooting sounds with light similar to the real tank. The RC tank has 300-degree swiveling missile gun for shutting down the enemy tank.
Made of premium quality material, it measures 39 x 21.6 x 16.1 cm and weighs 980 g. It needs 4 AA batteries (included) to work and takes 4 hours to charge. The remote control offers around 20-meter transmitting range. For an epic war game, you can buy two remote control tanks. It makes a great gift if your boy/girl is 3 years or up.
- 300-degree rotating missile gun
- Fully functional remote control with shooting mode
- Non-toxic paint to mimic real tank
10.Mousepotato High-Speed Sports Bike:
This is the perfect first RC motorcycle toy for kids age 3 and above. The RC toy bike features LED headlights for a ride at night. It has 2.4Ghz Radio Control System featuring anti-interference technology allowing multiple RC bikes to race simultaneously. This 1:16 scale bike is made of high-quality alloy and plastic and comes with anti-skid rubber tires.
It comes with a wall charger, whilst the controller takes 2 AA batteries (not included). The battery gives up to 45 minutes of playing time when fully charged. It is lightweight (about 1.02 Kg) and measures 41.2 x 19.2 x 17.2 cm. Note: Use it an open area to avoid high-speed crashes.
- Unique leaning action
- 2.4Ghz system for interference-Free Driving
- Sturdy design to reduce falling over
Frequently Asked Questions:
- How to choose an RC toy?
To make the RC toy shopping a bit easier, look for these key factors.
- Child’s area of interest: If he or she is desirous about trucks, then you should opt for a remote-control monster truck.
- Battery: Batteries are the lifeline of any RC toy. So, look for the models that offer at least life 30 minutes battery life. Ni-Mh or Li-Po are the two battery options seen in a kids RC car, bikes and trucks. Note: Ni-Mh is less powerful; Li-Po is expensive but gives great top speeds.
- Size and power: Don’t think bigger remote-control monster trucks better. RC toy that’s too heavy for the kids will go unused due to handling difficulties. With great size and power require great controlling capability. So, factor in your kids’ age, too.
- Area of usage: Not all RC toys are created for all-terrains. Some remote-control toy cars are made for use indoors. Some others are exclusive for the rugged terrains – for example, RC truck for kids. So, decide where it will be used.
How does an RC toy work? What are the roles of RC transmitters and receivers?
All remote-control toys have four main parts:
- Transmitter: The hand-held device to control the toys. It is also knowns as a controller as it controls the vehicle’s movement and speed. RC toy transmitters use AA, AAA, or 9-Volt batteries.
- Receiver: Antenna and control circuitry that receive signals sent by the transmitter
- Motor: For performing the actions – steering the vehicle, operate propeller, and various other tasks
- Power source: Usually a battery (rechargeable or normal), that powers up the transmission.
The radio device inside the controller sends radio signals to the receiver. The control circuitry decodes the signals received, which then drives the motor and translates it into a specific action. The motor in a kids RC car causes the wheels to turn, while the motors in a remote-controlled toy dinosaur may make it move forward.
What are the drawbacks of RC toys?
Though kids’ remote-control toys provide plenty of fun, they come with their own sets of drawbacks.
- The mismatch between charge time and play time: For getting a playtime of 30 minutes, many toys take at least 2 hours charging. This is a bit overwhelming.
- Additional cost: Backup batteries, accidental crashes or repair can be expensive.
- May become addictive: Racing with these toys for an extended period is not good for kids.
Are there RC toys for an adult?
The RC toy manufacturers know this: no matter how old we get, we are still children at heart. That’s why they come up with so many modification-ready RC vehicles and toys for adult RC enthusiasts. From high-end drones to pint-sized replicas of Jeep Wrangler and Toyota Land Cruiser, there is an RC toy for every adult.