10 Best Baby Tricycle for Kids in India: Reviews and Buying Guide
So, your little boy or girl is an active and fiercely independent toddler now. Great! you must be having a hard time keeping them occupied. Get them a kids tricycle. This article will help you to choose the best from online.
Riding a tricycle, just like 4-wheeler kids ride on car isn’t only fun, but it will give them plenty of outdoor time and exercise, confidence, and improve their mobility skills. That said, there are too many models to choose from and comparing each kids tricycle is bothersome. Hence this article to save you the trouble.
From basic tricycles to stylish, advanced, foldable baby tricycles, we have rounded up the best of the bunch for every budget. Read on…
Main Considerations for Buying a Children Tricycle:
Most parents start tricycle shopping when their kid is between 1 and 1.5 years old. Tricycle riding is not only exciting, it also helps toddlers with balance and coordination. Before your little boy/girl rocks his/her new toy you’ll want to go over this rundown below.
- Right size for age – Age and size of your children are two of the first things you should consider. In fact, all tricycles come with ‘manufacturer recommended age’.
- Safety – When you search ‘best toddler tricycle’ online, look for the ones made from sturdy metals like aluminium, steel, and premium-quality rubber rather than poor quality plastic. Make sure the model meets safety standards like BSI, ISO, or EN 71. Also, have a check on the steering.
Tipping over and sliding off may happen especially when kids are new to riding. So, don’t forget to pick up helmets and knee pads along with the trikes.
- Portability – If you’re a wanderlust family, you may want to consider foldable tricycles. And yes, the foldable one may have a hefty price tag.
- Size and weight – Heavier toddler tricycles won’t tip over easily but ensure your child can handle the vehicle’s weight. Otherwise, explore the lightweight tricycle options.
- Price – For parents on a budget, there are tricycle models as low as ₹1000. However, high-end models – like motorized trikes and 5-in-1 stroller to trikes can cost even five times (or more) that price.
- Grow with child – If you don’t prefer buying tricycles every summer go for a ‘grow with the child’ model even if it is pricey.
For example, the adjustable seat and removable canopy, push handle, and footrest allow you to use the bike as a stroller for your kids. As he/she grows, you can get rid of these extras one by one once they master self-steering and pedaling.
When selecting trikes, you should take decision depending upon the above 6 points. We have listed the best items depending upon these criteria only.
But there are few finer details along with FAQs which also are important. If you need to check them, scroll down to the end section of this article.
Best Tricycle for Kids – Our Top Ten Picks:
1.R for Rabbit Tiny Toes Grand Baby/Kids Cycle:
Starting off this list at number 1 spot is Tiny Toes Grand Baby/Kids Cycle by R for Rabbit. As far as the baby tricycles go, this toddler-pleaser had parents dropping a jaw. With removable and adjustable parent handle, safety belts, and plug & play wheels, this tricycle comes with plenty of features.
This baby tricycle with push handle weights at 6.68 kg and comes in a range of colors, including blue, yellow, orange, purple, and lake blue versions. And, of course, there’s a storage basket for all those treasures your kids may collect along their way. The overall dimension is 61.5 x 39.9 x 23.1 cm.
Who it’s for: Kids age 1.5 to 5 years
Carrying capacity: Up to 25 Kgs
- Certified ‘SAFE’ as per European standards
- Grows along with the child
- Safety seat belts, comfortable seats, and chrome tires make the ride safe
- Detachable parental control and foldable footrest
- Bell on the handlebar adds up fun
- All-terrain; suitable for indoors as well
- Easy to assemble
- Difficult-to-turn handlebar
- Parent control is a little low – possibly not ideal for taller parents
- A little pricey
2. Baybee Mario Sportz – The Stylish Plug and Play Baby Tricycle:
When it comes to finding baby tricycle with push handle, this one’s indeed a luxury ride. With all that comes with it, including the stylish directional control, cushioned seat, and cozy headrest you’ll think you just bought a high-end kid’s electric car.
It converts from a baby tricycle all the way to a stroller thanks to the 180-degree rotating seat. You can easily push your kids along with the adjustable handlebar until they graduate to steering on their own. Other bells and whistles include the foldable UV-blocking canopy, storage box, and wide footrest. It’s well worth the money as it grows with your kids.
Who it’s for: Kids age 1.5 to 5 years
Carrying capacity: Up to 25 Kgs
- Safe as EN71 certified
- Sturdy, high-quality chrome wheels keep the floors intact and make no noise
- The 3-in-1 tricycle for kids takes care of strolling, steering, and riding.
- Rides smooth even on rough surface
- Easy assembly
- Heavier at 12.5 Kg; riding may be difficult, especially for the younger cyclists.
- Cannot be folded easily
- High Cost
3. Amardeep and Co Baby Tricycle:
Amardeep & Co makes the number 3 rank with its stylish 100% Indian-made baby tricycle. From the design, it is pretty clear that FUN is the prime benefit of having this tricycle. It features a sturdy steel pipe frame covered by a durable plastic body. It also comes equipped removable footrest, armrest, rubber grip handles, parent control, and durable tires for a safe drive.
The design is inclusive of an elegant canopy to keep the sun out of your baby boy’s eyes as he enjoys the outdoor rides. With an overall dimension of 24.7 x 10.6 x 2.3 cm, it is lightweight (just 308 grams), easy to ride, and has a wide wheelbase for better stability.
Who it’s for: 1-3-year-old kids
- Sturdy yet not heavy
- Stylish cartoon design with music functionality
- Small and comfortable enough for the toddlers
- Rear basket to keep kids’ belongings
- Assembly requirement
- Not as durable as metal tricycles
- The push bar is only 90 cm – not a great choice if you’re taller
4. Toy-Station 5-in-1 Portable Foldable Baby Tricycle:
Who’s designed this stylish children’s tricycle? TOY-STATION! With front bottle holder, rear storage box, removable backrest, and foldable middle footrest, this is another grow-with-your-child tricycle. That means you don’t have to worry about buying another tricycle next year unless there’s a great growth spurt! It has adjustable parent handlebar with parent steering control which you can remove or hide when your boy gets toddler’s license to pedal it alone.
What’s more, with safety features, such as the 5-point harness, safety belt, and a detachable UV-blocking canopy, you can rest assured your kids are in good, comfortable hands. Assembled dimensions are 95 x 49 x 98 cm.
Who it’s for: 12 months+ kids
Carrying capacity: 30Kg
- Ergonomic sleek design
- Easily foldable, portable, fits in most cars
- Reclining seat with soft cushion
- Foldable middle footrest to increase comfort
- Front freewheel system with wide base
- It is quite pricey
5. Dash Stylish Kids Tricycle:
At number 5, halfway through the list of best tricycle for kids, Dash makes an entry with their stylish tricycle. One word about Dash you should know: Dash is an ISO 9001:2008 certified manufacturer of Kids ride-on toys. Before even getting into what makes it a fave, we must tell you that this one has a disclaimer: For cool boys only!
All features of this flashy trike bike are top of the line: Rugged treadwheel for a smooth and safe ride, under-seat storage (just like dad’s bike), comfortable big backrest, and paddle. Another reason to get this for your music-lover boy – with the press of a button he can listen to “Jingle bells”, “Humpty Dumpty”, etc. while riding. And yes, this model comes with LED lights, too. In short, this look-alike of the adult bike (albeit the small size and lack of ignition) is a value for money buy.
Who it’s for: 2- 5 years old boys
- Nominally priced
- Curvy seat and wide wheelbase to boost stability
- Batteries included for light and music functionalities
- Balancing might be a problem for the starters
- Assembly is quite difficult
6. Childstar With Device Tricycle With Storage Basket:
This gorgeous kids’ tricycle isn’t just fun, it’s also safe – comes with EN 71 certification. It’s comfortable and has heavy duty alloy wheels that rule out accidental tip-overs or sliding off the seat. Another safety feature is that there are no sharp edges so, kids will not incur accidental cuts or scratches.
With the comfy wide seat, easy-to-reach pedals, and handlebars with a soft yet firm grip, your boys and girls will love the excitement of piloting their very first tricycle. With front and back storage, kids can carry their favorite toys along whenever they venture out.
Who it’s for: Kids age 1 year+
- Long-lasting and durable
- Unbeatable price for the quality
- Use on all surfaces
- Stylish look, available in five colors
- No safety belt
- No music & LED light
7. Archana NHR Kids Tricycle:
Another made in India tricycle for your kids! Everyone will see and hear your little biker as he zooms by on his favorite ride. It comes equipped with soft-grip handlebars, paddle for easy movement, and even LED lights and music buttons. This stylish ride-on is built to last and your toddler will be the prince of the neighbourhood. In terms of improved safety and functionality, it checks almost all boxes – low to the ground, heavy traction wheels, slip-resistant pedals, big back rest – to name a few.
It also has a storage space right under that curvy seat where your son can store his belongings for a fun ride. Overall, it’s sturdy and cute, and no kid will ever be disappointed. And for that price, chances of regret are ZERO.
Who it’s for: Toddlers age 2.5 to 5 years
- Creative and sporty design
- Great price for the value
- Smooth ride even on rough terrains
- Good turning and maneuverability
- Difficult assembly process
- The seat may be slippery for a 2-year old
- Plastic make
8. GoodLuck Baybee 2-in-1 Convertible Baby Tricycle:
This is perfect for young kids who want a trike but still need a stroller. First of all, this model is exceptionally safe as it is equipped back wheel foot brake, high backrest, seatbelt, and shock absorbing solid foam wheel. In addition, it has Adult Steer and Stroll adjustable push handle to ensure kids are safe. Another notable feature is its travel-friendly, foldable design. The longevity of this tricycle is excellent; As your boy or girl grows, use the removable elements to take it to the next level.
Who it’s for: Kids age 6 months to 5 years
Carrying capacity: 25 Kg
- Simple, Sturdy Design
- Folds easily for storage and travel
- Kids do not have to pedal
- Great ride-on to teach balance and coordination
- Fit all surfaces including indoors
- Rear storage space
- Wobbly steering handle
- Tire quality is minimal for Indian roads
- No canopy
- No product assembly video/manual
9. LuvLap Baby Tricycle:
At number 9, we have LuvLap Baby Tricycle – an EN71 certified 2 in 1 model that is adaptable for both kids and their parents. This simple, stylish model starts out as a stroller for kids as young as 15+ months. When it’s toddler time, the parent handle can be removed so they can venture out and enjoy the fresh air and independence.
It features full metal frame body, multi-position adjustable seats with safety belts, and pedal lock for the push-along mode. The ergonomic design also contains a rear storage container which comes handy while strolling or scooting around.
Who it’s for: Kids age 15 to 24 months+
- Simple design with bright colors
- 3 point safety harness
- Wheel steering lock
- Smooth edges and easy-to-grip handles
- Slip-resistant pedals
- Installation videos available
- Low to ground pedals might cause difficulty for taller kids
- Less stable back tires
- No parent controls
10. Chicco Toy U-Go Trike Ducati:
The Toy U-Go Trike Ducati does what it says it does. This moderately priced sporty model is great to go places. Why? Because it comes with two operating modes:
- ‘Push n Go’ – here parents can adjust telescopic handle’s height to effortlessly push the tricycle.
- ‘Free Pedaling’ – when the kids are ready, remove the adjustable handle, allowing for an independent pedaling experience.
Speaking of its safety features, it has 3-point safety belt, steering lock, freewheel on/off system, and soft-grip handle. The red frame, rod connecting both rear wheels, push handle are all made of sturdy metal; Front storage basket, front end and pedals of the tricycle are plastic-made; Wheels are made of rubber – meaning Toy U-Go Trike Ducati is made to last longer.
Who it’s for: 18 months to 5 years
Carrying capacity: 20 Kg
- Sturdy, sporty, and well designed
- Easy to ride
- Fairly priced
- The seat is not adjustable
- No direction controls
- No manual or video to assemble; assembly takes time
How does a tricycle help a child development?
Only buying learning toys for your kid is not a great way of parenting. Riding tricycles isn’t just a means of passage, it’s also a fun way to develop hand-eye-feet coordination, balance, confidence, sense of responsibility, and independence. In addition, they learn directions while steering the tricycle. It is also proven that active and confident kids become eager beavers as they grow old.
There are many choices in front of parents while choosing popular ride-on toys. From magic car for toddler to kids ride-on car to baby scooter. All these toy rides keep the child away from screen and make them socially active.
At what age can kids ride a tricycle?
As young as 12 months! However, before you introduce them to tricycles make sure they have some balancing skill. It is recommended choosing a convertible grow-old-with-me tricycle.
How do you teach a kid to ride a tricycle?
Usually, kids don’t show aversion to a cheerful tricycle still, make sure he/she is all in for enjoying the ride. To start with, put them on the seat, fasten the seat belt, and have kids scoot along the floor or road. It will be too early to make them out their tiny feet on the pedals and balance. Let them scoot/glide for a couple of days… maybe a week or so. Then, introduce them to pedaling. At first, it may seem difficult for them to balance, steer, and pedal at the same time. But gradually they’ll pick up the pace.
What are the safety measures to take?
Injuries can occur on sidewalks, driveways, streets or in parks. You cannot predict when they lose balance or wheels tip over. So, it’s important to inculcate seatbelt- and helmet-wearing practice in kids, which in turn, will go a long way when they grow up.
To ensure proper fit of the helmet, always consider the 4S’s while buying a children’s helmet.
- Size: Helmet should cover the upper part of your kid’s forehead.
- Strap: Go for an adjustable strap with quick release buckle.
- Safety: Look for safety standard clearances like ISI.
- Straight: No tilting when worn. It should sit straight and balanced
Keep this in mind: No matter how pricey or feature-filled the tricycle is, seatbelt along with helmet , elbow pads and knee pads are a necessity for a safe tricycle ride.
How tricycle canopy work?
Overhead canopy acts as a shield not only to keep the sun out of your little boy’s eyes but blocks harmful UV rays. The best part – it takes only a few minutes to fold and unfold the canopy. But remember, it does not offer complete sun protection. So, it’s better to limit stroll and pedal time especially when it is hot outside.
How parental control work?
Majority of the toddler tricycle on the market comes with a telescopic push handle and parent-powered foot brakes. The parent handle allows you to push and stroll the tricycle easily with one hand whereas the foot brakes lets you keep the tricycle in place – all you have to do is press the brake button on the rear wheels. The upsides of having parent control are,
- No more bending over and lower back pain while your kid learns to pedal. You can extend the handle by a few inches to match your height.
- When kids get bigger, you can remove the parent-powered push handle
Is there a tricycle available for twins?
Yes! Two-seater tricycles with rotatable front seats and two canopies are available online so parents can walk the twins at the same time.
Is it possible to ride a tricycle on grass as well as pavement?
In many cases, yes, but not all tricycles have all-terrain tires. Some are exclusive for indoors and yards, whereas some other models ride well on rough surfaces but make marks on the floor. Also, there are trikes meant for off-road fun.
Which one should I buy – big wheel tricycles or Push tricycles?
Well, that depends on the kids’ age and balancing ability. Push tricycles, in fact, doubles as a stroller and starting from nine to ten months kids can use them. The bonus here is that many push tricycles fall under ‘grow-with-me’ category wherein you can reassemble them to use as a tricycle when they are 2 years or up.
Big wheel tricycles are great if you prefer a sporty tricycle for 2-year-old and up. They sit low to ground, extend leg to pedal, and has fewer chances of tipping over.
Detailed Buyer’s Guide of Baby Tricycle for Online Buyers:
With 5 top things-to-look-for and top 10 kids tricycle models covered, here are few more considerations.
- Physical Ability: Don’t buy a trike or tricycle just because the other kids in your neighborhood have one. Consider your child’s physical ability to balance, pedal, reach for handlebars etc.
- Intended Area of Usage: Some tricycles are more suited for indoor use and others for outdoors, so, the intended area of usage is another critical factor. A handy tip: plastic models work better indoors whereas your kid may need sturdier steel or aluminum made trike if he/she has a thing for outdoors.
- Durability: Factoring in durability into the decision-making process is also important if you have the most energetic kid at home. The material used is another consideration because material and durability go hand in hand. Steel and plastic are the two basic materials used for making tricycles. Steel is sturdy but can rust over time whereas plastic is less sturdy but won’t rust.
- Style: Know what style fascinates your child – colorful decals, horns, lights, music, storage space and whatever they love. For example, a roomy storage space for their toys and drinking bottles comes in handy while strolling or riding at parks.
- Comfortable Backrest: Tricycles with the triangular seat are basic. Then there are the ones with comfortable backrest. In advanced models, seats are either positioned just like a regular motorcycle or sit low to the ground. Choose the one according to kids’ comfort.
- Material Quality: While you may think that cheap price may mean poor quality, this is not at all the case, because a tricycle made with affordable materials doesn’t necessarily mean that the manufacturing is substantial.
- Reviews: As a parent getting other parents’ green signal is important when you buy tricycles. So make it a habit to check out the reviews that other parents have already left for the tricycle that caught your attention.
We have tried to put together all the information one need to buy a safe toddler tricycle. Please put your question in comment if you feel there are certain aspect that this article should have covered.