Best Car Mobile Holders in India 
Millennials are inseparable from their smartphones. Because the phones aren’t just 5.5-inch or so device. They double as a best buddy, an assistant, a music player, a navigator and more. That is why most of us don’t stash them in a pocket even when driving.
Since it is dangerous to use the phone while driving, the best bet is to get a car mobile phone holder.
There are tons of phone stands for cars. Some are pocket-friendly, others are pricey and feature-filled. Then there are others that are just right for you.
We’ve compiled the eight best car mobile holders in India. Read on and you’ll know exactly which one is best for your car.
What Are The Advantages of a Car Mobile Holder?
A phone stand for car can do a lot more than securing your phone in a fixed position.
- Distraction-free driving – If your phone should ring, you don’t have to fumble in pocket or look around the car.
- GPS for navigation – You just need to switch on the GPS and set the coordinates. No more looking away and down at the Google map while driving.
- Hands-free music – Mount the phone and pair it with your car’s Bluetooth. You can play any tunes from the push of a button.
- Easy to attend calls – You don’t have to stop the vehicle to answer the calls. Simply put it in the speaker mode and stay connected with friends or family.
- Charge on the go – Some cell phone mounts can even act as a charger. If not you can always use usb car mobile charger to re-energize phone battery while using it.
Important Factors to Consider Before Buying a Phone Stand for Car:
With hundreds of options to choose from, picking the right phone stand for your car can be tricky. Plus, you must ensure you get the best bang for your buck. Below is the roundup of essential factors to consider.
- Design and features: Not all mobile phone holders are made equal. Some has universal compatibility. Others are designed for specific smartphones. So, check the dimensions, fit, grip, swivel-tilt and mount type.
- Accessibility and visibility: These two factors will help you choose between windshield, dashboard or air vent mobile stand for cars.
- Durability: Last but not least, you should invest in phone mounts that are durable. Look for the ones made of a high-quality metal, plastic, glass or rubber.
More Read: Mobile holder for bike with charger provides holding and charging facility while riding . A really cool product indeed.
Here are the top 8 mobile stands for your car according to our research:
1.Zaap Quick Touch 3-in-1 Car Mount Holder:
Looking for the best car phone holder that works with all smartphones? Zaap Quick Touch One Premium is your best bet. It’s extremely versatile in that you can attach it to the windshield, dashboard or desktop. The neat thing about this is that the bumpy Indian roads are no match for the device. Once you mount the device, your phone will stay put. On top of it, this premium model comes with patented Quicktouch technology. That means you can lock and release the device with just one touch. Plus, it has a telescopic arm of 4 -6.5 inches to better the device viewing. Weighing 209 g and measuring 13.9 x 10.9 x 7 cm, this is a great buy.
- Universal Compatibility with all smartphone
- 360-degree multi-angle adjustability
- Durable plastic design that protects from bumps and scratches
- Reusable super sticky gel pad
- Shock stabilizer and anti-fall lock
- Sliding bottom for adjustable charging
- 1-year warranty
- Wobbling holder
2.Amkette iGrip Telescopic One Touch Dashboard & Windshield Car Mount:
Next up on our list is the iGrip Telescopic One Touch mount by Amkette. This polycarbonate build is a great choice for the ones who want a sturdy, feature-filled mount. It boasts one-touch mechanism, telescopic adjustable arm, and re-usable suction gel. With its adjustable bottom foot, you can easily connect a charging cable or an AUX. Capable of fitting any smartphone, it comes with a companion app. The app helps with all vehicle statistics including mileage, speed, parking reminder etc. It pivots up to 230-degrees meaning it provides great viewing angle. The overall dimensions and weight are 14.8 x 11.2 x 7.2 cm and 272 g respectively.
- Easy to install on windshield, dashboard, and desktop
- Telescopic arm extends up to 8.3 Inches
- Reusable sticky gel
- Comes with a dashboard pad for textured surface
3.Tech Sense Lab Magback Airvent Magnetic Mount:
Attaching directly to your car’s air vent, this one perfectly gets out of the way visually while remaining highly efficient. Assisted by 4 neodymium magnets, this sleek mount can hold most smartphones. Setting it up is a breeze. Insert the mount and place the magnetic metal plate between the phone and cover. Rotating and swiveling the smartphone is super easy, thanks to the 360-degree movable ball head. Measuring 14 x 8.4 x 3.8 cm in size and weighing about 81.6 g it is a pocket-friendly buy.
- Portable sleek design can hold Android, Apple, Blackberry and Microsoft devices
- Give a complete view of the windshield
- Lack of cradle allows easy mounting and unmounting of the phone
- Comes with dual setting clip
- Bounces or fall out in bumpy roads
- Magnetic metal plate restricts wireless charging
4.Tagg Premium Magnetic Car Mobile Holder/Car Mount:
At number 4, we have another well-reviewed car mount that can fit any smartphone, media player or GPS devices. The design comes with a magnetic holder which can be swiveled in 360 degrees. Its super sticky gel pad sticks securely to flat and curved surfaces. You may think that TAGG Mag Grip has trouble holding your smartphone due to the rubber case. But it solidly holds onto the surface and secures the phone better than many on this list. All thanks to the locking lever. This lightweight magnetic car mount weighs only 99.8 g and measures about 10 x 7 x 7 cm.
- Neodymium magnets give the required magnetic force
- Reusable sticky gel ensures better hold
- 2 types of metal plates – circular and rectangular
- Fully adjustable with 360 rotation
- Universal compatibility
- 1-year replacement warranty
- Metal base is not so strong
- Poor grip on plastic dashboard
5.Bobo Universal Magnetic Air Vent Mount Car Phone Holder:
This iPhone car holder by Bobo is compact and comes with powerful magnetic heads. Your iPhone, Redmi, Mi, Lenovo, Samsung, Nokia, and OnePlus will stay nice over the air vent. The rubberized exterior ensures better grip and scratch-free air vent. This car mobile holder keeps your phone visible and next to your hand. It also turns from portrait to landscape mode. Just don’t forget, it may not suit all air vents because they differ from car to car. The item weight is 68 g and the overall dimensions are 4.2 x 4.2 x 4 cm.
- Easy to install
- Great viewing angle with 360-degree rotation
- Multiple back plates let you switch between phones
- Not suitable for heavy mobile phones
6.Portronics CLAMP X POR-926 Car-Vent Mobile Holder:
Portronics CLAMP X POR-926 has the patented Clamp X holder that works for both horizontal and vertical AC vents. The Clamp X has soft padding to keep scratches at bay. Another patented technology that has gone into the design is the one-click release button and adjustable side grips. You just have to push the button and its ready to use. This non-magnetic air vent holder can hold any device up to 6 inches in size. Some of the compatible mobile phones are iPhone 5/6/6S/7/7 Plus, Google Pixel, HTC, MI, Nokia and more. It will let you set the perfect personalized position of your smartphone – yes, it is 360-degree rotatable. Basically, if you want an inexpensive, reliable mobile stand for your car with no fuss, check this one out.
- Made of sturdy silicone and plastic
- Easy One-Push installation and removal
- Perfect viewing angle
- Heat and cold resistant design
- Robust hold
- Not suitable for phones that exceed 6-inches
- Doesn’t have the best stickiness
7.Bull’s Eye Magnetic Cradle-Less Hinge Technology:
Measuring only 2 x 2 x 2.5 cm, you may suspect that Bull’s Eye Magnetic Cradle-Less Hinge would offer more style than substance. In reality, it is equal parts style and reliable performance. Its compact magnetic pad is easy to slap your mobile phone onto. The ball head rotates 360 degrees through 25°, meaning you can choose either landscape or portrait viewing. Best of all, the sturdy aluminum-made mobile stand for the car comes with a one-touch format. The tradeoff with this model is that it can hold smartphones up to the maximum weight of 600 grams.
This is the lightest of all the cell phone holders on this list. It weighs only 18.1 g and measures 2 x 2 x 2.5 cm.
- Easy One-Push installation and removal
- Perfect viewing angle
- Ultra-small design
- Powerful magnet
- Doesn’t take much space
- Not suitable for bigger phones and tablets
8.SILTREE 360 Degree Rotation Car Magnetic Mobile Holder:
This might be last up on our list, but it’s still a formidable cell phone holder for car. Made of ABS plastic, it is universally compatible with all smartphones. It quickly secures any smartphone to windshield or dashboard with a suction cup gel pad. With this, you can choose between portrait and landscape viewing. It also has a quick touch feature, so you can swiftly grab your phone. Further, it comes with four neodymium magnets to ensure your phone doesn’t slide off.
- Stylish unibody design
- Glitch-free one hand operation
- Ideal for windshields and dashboards
- Reusable suction mount
- Easy to attach and detach
- Poor grip on glass surfaces
- Adhesive doesn’t stay put in summer
- The phone may fall off on bumpy roads
Different Types of Car Phone Mounts:
Knowing the different types of car phone mounts will help you in deciding which one will meet your needs. Also, it is important to know how they attaches to your car. Continue reading to find out the three main types and their pros and cons.
1.Windshield and Dashboard mounted holders:
These are the classic forms of car mount. The design includes an ergonomic cradle, suction cup, and large gooseneck arms. The suction cup usually comes coated with an automotive-grade gel/adhesive. So that the mount remains adhered to the windshield or dashboard. These mounts swivel well – up to 360-degrees – for portrait and landscape views.
- Attaches to every car model
- Ease of operation
- Windshield mounts limit the driver’s view
- The suction cup peels off easily
- The rubber crumbles over time
2.CD-slot Car Mounts:
These types fit into the CD player in the car. To fix it, simply place it in the slot and rotate the knob. The grooves of the mount will tighten against the CD player. Your smartphone will stick to the magnetic plate of the mount.
- Easy installation
- One-button release functionality
- Won’t block driver’s view
- Won’t get affected by temperature
- Block access to media system
- Not good for cars with low-profile CD players
3.Air Vent Car Mounts:
These types of phone holders attach to the vents in the car. To install, slide the clip into one of the car vents. From there, just like all mobile stands for car, you can use a push button to do the adjustments.
- Keep phone out of driver’s view
- Keeps phone safe from falls and hot sun
- May break the vent slats in older cars
- Circular vents aren’t suitable for air vent holders
Note: All the above three types come with or without magnets.
Magnetic car phone mounts:
Magnetic phone mounts utilize neodymium magnets. They have adhesive bottoms that attach to the dashboard or air vent. The magnetic heads are powerful that they can hold the phone steady, even on rough terrains.
- Ease of use
- Excellent grip
- Do not interfere with accessibility and visibility
- Swivels without moving the base
- Effortlessly holds larger smartphones
- Blocks wireless chargers
Buyers Guide & FAQs:
Are magnetic car mounts safe for phones?
Magnetic car mount has been getting sort of a bad rap lately. It’s time to dispel all doubts about this subject. For the record, magnetic car mounts are safe for your smartphone.
- Memory: Today’s phones use flash memory storage which uses electrical signals. That means magnets won’t tamper your SIM and SD card.
- Screen: Smartphone screens are either LCDs or AMOLEDs and are controlled by electricity. Thus the screen remains unaffected by magnets.
- GPS: GPS depends on satellite coordinates. Hence, they work uninterrupted by magnetic force.
- Battery: Magnets won’t drain your phone’s battery. Because charging and discharging in a Li-ion involve chemical reactions. Plus, the body of the phone battery is made of non-magnetic materials.
How to install a magnetic phone car mount?
Slip the magnetic plate between the phone and its case or directly on the back of the phone. Either way, magnetic mounts ensure hassle-free docking and undocking of the phone.
How do you clean and fix a suction cup again?
Over time, the suction cup accumulates dust and debris and may lose the grip. Therefore, you should clean it regularly. Please follow the steps below.
- Gently remove the phone holder from your car
- Wipe off dirt and debris from suction cup and the windshield. You can use white vinegar or rubbing alcohol for the same.
- Splash lukewarm water on the suction cup to soften the cup and to enhance suction power.
- Air dry it before mounting it back in the car
- Before adhering back, rub a little vegetable oil or petroleum jelly over the suction cup for better adherence.
- Try to stick suction cups when the windshield is warm. Wait until the sun hits the glass or use your hair drier to get the right temperature.
How Cradle and Magnetic attachment works?
If you are a first-time user, it’s quite normal to have questions like ‘How does the smartphone stay in place’ or ‘What if I brake suddenly’? To answer in detail, the cradles of windshield or dashboard mounts come with soft rubber or plastic mats. This will prevent your phone from sliding. In addition, most of them will have one-touch technology to lock and release the phone. Just place the phone between the cradle and push the button. The upsides of having cradle are the excellent grip and capacity to hold larger phones. The major downside is that the phone may fly off the cradle if you practice extremely harsh driving or braking.
In case of magnetic phone mounts, the adhesive magnetic plates ensure your phone stays in place. The biggest advantages of magnetic attachment are the incredible force of attraction and the ease of use. Difficulty in adhering to smooth-backed phones or thicker phone cases are the disadvantages the users point out.
Is car phone holder legal in India?
Section 184 of the Motor Vehicles Act, 1988 prohibits dangerous driving. But there is no clear law to penalize someone for using it in India. In fact, there’re no specifics in the act about cell phone usage. As long as you don’t touch your phone and cause accidents, there’s no reason to worry about using a car mobile phone holder. The law is also same for bike mobile holders.