Best Bike Tank Bags in India: A Must Have Item for Tour
A bike tank bag can be easily mounted on a motorcycle tank either through locking straps or magnets.
If you need to mount your phone or GPS device, use the transparent pocket. You can keep items which you need frequently. It helps because it is always in front of your hands!
But the fuel cap stays beneath it. Also you won’t be able to see few instrumentations especially if you are riding some cruiser.
Why do We Need a Tank Bag while Riding?
It fits right on your bike tank without occupying any extra area. Offers a handy storage option and is highly durable. There is one available for each bike out there.
A good replacement for backpack for riders. If you wear backpack for long hours, certainly back pain will kill you. As most tank bag for bike is convertible to backpack, carrying it anywhere is very easy. And it saves you from back pain as you can mount it on bike tank when riding.
Things You Can Keep Inside a Bike Tank Bag:
Smart-phone, headset, face shield, clothes (larger tank bags), charger, USB drive, vlogging camera and everything else that you may need. Most of them are water-resistant and some even are convertible into a backpack. Use rain cover to make it water proof.
What to look for before you buy a tank bag?
1. Bag size, volume, and shape:
The size entirely depends upon how bigger a tank bag you need. For instance, there are micro-tank bags with space only for essentials to be fit inside. And there are others with an expandable volume up to 26 liters where you can stack even extra clothing. Also, the shape of your bike tank determines the type of bag. Sloped tank bags are ideal for cruiser whereas flatter base is best for standard bike tanks.
2. Bag material:
The external material of most motorcycle tank bags is made up of durable nylon material. These are water-resistant with waterproof zippers or storm flaps. Moreover, the best part about tank bags is that they hold their shape whether they are empty or full due to the semi-rigid sides.
3. Mounting options:
There are three specific mounting options each with its characteristic list of pros & cons. Let’s discuss them one-by-one:
- Magnetic tank bags – These bags utilize the magnets sewn into their base to stick to the metallic fuel tank. These are very easy to mount and remove. The downside is that they may get detached when you are riding at some speed. Also, if the dirt enters between the tank & the bag, it may ruin its finish. So, keep them clean at all times.
- Strap-mount bags – A strap-mount base is easily one of the most secure options for your mounting needs. They can handle the bouncing trails nicely and your stuff will be safely stored inside without any issue. The only downside is that the strapping is truly time-consuming & takes time to be removed. Moreover, keep a check over the dirt that slips between the bag & tank.
- Tank ring bags – The rings can be easily mounted over the fuel tank using bolts. Here, the tank bag is bound to the rings so you’ll never lose anything. It does not damage the paint, very easy to mount/remove and the best option out of three.
4. Can it be converted to a backpack/sling bag? Or may be tail bag?
There’s nothing more inconvenient than carrying your tank bag in one hand wherever you go. Of course, you cannot just leave it with your bike because it will get stolen. So, find a tank bag that is easily convertible into a backpack/sling bag. This is quite cool and most motorcycle tank bags come with this feature. If your chosen tank bag is non-convertible then you are in loss, my friend!
Don’t want to use it as tank bag because it blocks the few controls of your bike? What to do?
Most of them can also be converted to bike tail bag. Mount them on luggage rack with bungee cords.
5. Is headphone, charger, and USB cord pocket available?
Extra pockets for convenience is what you should expect from a handy bike carrier. The tank bags we will discuss today all come with premium side pockets and extra carrying space for headphone, chargers, USB cord, and more. These pockets are immensely helpful for daily commuters and others.
6. Any Mobile/GPS device transparent pocket?
A transparent front pocket is a handy option on the tank bags where you can keep the mobile and GPS device. These pockets allow you to browse through your smartphone without taking them out or use GPS device for easy navigation. Cool, isn’t it?
The job of a motorcycle tank bag is to safely store and prevent any damage to the belongings inside. It must be suited for all weather conditions including rainy season. So, if you have chosen a carrier that isn’t waterproof to some extent then your stuff inside is not safe inside. Pick the one that is water resistant and ideal for all conditions.
Now, Let’s Move on to Our Reviewed Top 10 Bike Tank Bags:
1. Guardian Gears Shark Universal Tank Bag:
Number 1 on our list is a Guardian Gears tank bag. The winner among best motorcycle tank bag is highly resistant to abrasions thanks to its Ballistic Nylon outer shell material. It supports a transparent touch sensitive pocket on top for GPS navigation. The bag includes extra strapping to be used as a tail bag.
- Has a capacity of 21 litres which is expandable up to 28 litres.
- The shark universal tank bag fits most motorcycles with ease.
- Supports two rear straps and one front strap for easier mounting on your bike.
- Takes seconds to be installed/removed and has an extra strap for use as a tail bag.
- Foam padding allows better shape retention with tough tear-resistance.
Transform your bike journeys into an ultimate experience using the universal tank bag by Guardian Gears. It also supports quick release mechanism that makes refuelling a breezy process.
2.Roadgods Zeon R1 – Motorcycle Tank Bag:
Made up of highly durable polyester material, the motorcycle tank bag by Roadgods is certainly a prime example of efficiency plus functionality. The Zeon R1 does the job pretty well in storing your handy stuff and keeping it with you even during bike riding.
- Easily converts into a backpack that lets you carry stuff everywhere.
- Softer cushion at the bottom & backings which prevent any tank scratches.
- Fully water repellent and extremely lightweight bag.
- Supports a 3-buckle attachment mechanism with zippered pockets on dual sides.
- Touch sensitive pocket to navigate your smartphone or GPS without taking them out.
Roadgods bike tank bag is an extremely valuable product which comes with a single click petrol refill. The bag supports innovative design and has large interior space for carrying your essentials. It is an ideal product and a great buying option for all.
3. Rynox Navigator V3.0 Tank Bag:
The Rynox tank bag is very cool, stylish and made to last. Rynox is best renowned for producing premium quality bags, and this one is no different. The navigator enforces true quality and supports front pocket which makes it a complete package.
- Has a transparent front pocket which is highly convenient for mobile phones and GPS device. Also called map pocket.
- External side pockets and a shoulder strap for use as a sling bag.
- Superior build quality with compact interiors that allows you to store everything you need.
- Does include a 100% waterproof seamless rain cover.
- 3 top-quality rear earth magnets come with a transparent coating.
Rynox tank bag for bike is simply an outstanding product that suits your carrying needs. The protective material of which this helmet is made of holds the bag firmly while riding. It also includes failsafe heavy-duty zippers and stays stick to the metal fuel tank even at high speeds.
4. Golden Riders M-POCHE’ Motorcycle Tank Bag:
It is a magnetic tank bag for bikers to attach with their metal fuel tanks. Golden Riders M-POCHE’ is a versatile product that is suited for your everyday commuting needs. It is sturdy, long-lasting and does the job pretty well. The padded walls provide distinct shape and safety for all your essentials stored inside.
- Supports mobile pouch/cover holder on the top and hole at the bottom of the slot for easy charging.
- Strong magnets on the backside and additional nylon straps with a metal hook for extra safety.
- Made up of waterproof fabric that prevents it from dust and rain.
- Extremely lightweight and small which makes it easily adjusted on the tank with zero hassle.
- Outer material is built using Ballistic polyester fabric and inner compact shell of polyester as well
Choose the stunning, smarter tank bag for all your commuting needs and drive without missing anything. All your essentials can be kept inside and it is an ideal holder for the smartphones. Also allows touch screen navigation from within.
5. ABS Universal Motorcycle Bike Tank Bag:
As the name suggests, ABS smart tank bag is a universal product fit for all. It has dual front pockets, side pockets and everything else that you may expect from an ABS product. Termed as real value buy, the universal bike tank bag is surely a great choice to have. The bag is durable and is tested to last longer even during lengthy road trips such as Ladakh.
- Five useful pockets and a huge 24 liters capacity.
- Detachable backpack system with detachable belt system for scratch protection.
- Has two transparent front pockets and two zipper sliders.
- Petrol filling is completely hassle-free and is ideal for every bike. Just stretch it from one side and get your tank refilled.
- Fully stretchable and made of CODEMATTY material that adds to its longer shelf life.
It is water resistant, durable and everything else that you would imagine from a premium quality ABS product.
6. Raida GPS Series Motorcycle Tank Bag:
This tank bag for bike from Raida is automatic choice for touring.This bag comes with a rain cover which makes it 100% waterproof. It is made from 1680D polyester with PVC coating. The base material is soft and protective fabric. Comes with 5 compartments with zippers.
- The black color bag has map pockets for your mobile or GPS tracking device.
- Both magnetic mount and strap mount option are available.
- Capacity is 22 liters which can be extended to 31 liters.
- Can carry 15 inch laptop easily.
The GPS series bag from Raida is a good quality bag and must have for long tours. Have one and be free from luggage problem.
7. Trek ‘N’ Ride Magnetic Polyester Tank cum Tail Bag:
Next up on our review list is a magnetic bag from Trek ‘N’ Ride. This is simply a versatile product with long-lasting support to the riders. The bag is convertible as a tank bag as well as a tail bag. Its adjustable feature makes it one of the top picks in our list.
- Six magnets to stick to the metal fuel tanks and straps for non-metal tank.
- Has a single set of loop strap to fix on a saddle. A convertible tail bag for all.
- Supports shoulder strap so you could carry everywhere with ease
- Ideal for motorsports bikes due to its premium quality.
- Fully waterproof and fits the helmet inside without any issue.
Use Trek ‘N’ Ride polyester bag for all your extra essentials. The bag is durable, portable and best-in-class. Highly preferred for your long road trips.
8. Sticker Magnetic Tank Bag:
The Sticker tank bag is a magnetic carrier partner perfect for all metallic tank bikes. One glance and you’ll realize that it is basically a backpack with metallic flaps. Sticks easily to your metal tank and holds tight even at high speed. An ultimate carrier for your stress-free rides.
- Magnetic tank bag that easily converts into a backpack for everyday use.
- Supports a tremendous 35-liter capacity and fits even 15-inch laptops with ease.
- Well & truly lightweight bag with outer material made of a water-repellent polyester material
- Sturdy and super strong build quality with an ergonomic design
- Uses four extremely powerful magnets that ensure stronger adhesion to the metallic fuel tank.
Sticker Magnetic tank bag is a “Made in India” product. It has extremely soft cushions at the bottom which allow zero scratches to your bike finish. Meshed pockets on the side are designed to securely carry a water bottle. Overall, a great value for money product.
9.Viaterra Fly Magnetic Motorcycle Tank Bag:
The higher-end motorbike tank bag by ViaTerra is a smart choice for many. It has a fairly sturdy & compact design with a wide U opening. It improves performance, increases volume and adds more carrying capacity for you. Just save & access to quick line-up of tools you store inside.
- Comes with two side pockets and a large front pocket to store all your accessories & essentials.
- Premium build quality with long-lasting plastic support on the corners.
- Has a 3M reflective tape on sides that adds to its low-light visibility.
- Hidden in-built straps ideal for bag pack conversion.
- Capacity ranges between 20-24 liters and comes with a range cover.
Try out the fly magnetic motorcycle tank bag, a flexible solution for all your bike luggage concerns. The tank bag is quite tough, spacious and can be used as a tail bag.
10. DIRTSACK KTM Racepack Tank Bag:
The men’s ballistic fabrics tank bag is an amazing product that delivers what’s expected. It has a soft plush interior lining that holds your stuff safely & securely inside. A strap-mounting bag ideal for all fuel tanks.
- Heavier denier ballistic fabric exterior and reinforced walls for shape retention.
- A capacity of 16 liters that is expandable up to 20 liters.
- Comes with a U shaped open loading main compartment that ensures easy packing & access to your essentials.
- Supports three exterior zippered pockets and a single transparent map pocket like all top-class tank bags come with.
- Padded shoulder strap enables its use as a sling bag.
The DIRTSACK’s ultra-reliable and innovative racepack is handy to be mounted on fuel tanks. As the name suggests, it is perfect for KTM bikes and a must for all non-magnetic bike tanks.
Additional Motorcycle Bags That Are Very Handy:
- Saddle bag – Mounted behind the seat either side of the rear wheel, the bike saddle bag is consistently a preferred choice for many riders for long tours. They are quick to detach and carried wherever you go.
- Side box/Luggage box –Motorcycle side box also termed as bike dikki lets you store the essentials with ease. It has a strong locking mechanism that provides protection against theft. You can leave your belongings inside & roam freely. No need to take it with you.
- Tail bag – A few of our reviewed tank bags can also be converted into tail bags. a motorcycle tail bag fits at the tail-end of your bike using a single strap and is quick to carry across. Portable product for all.
Motorcycle tank bag is easily one of the most essential products we need during our everyday commuting needs. These bags are ergonomic in design, durable and convertible into backpacks. Just choose any one of our best 10 picks depending upon the requirement and order online at the best price.